A lot has taken place since our last update.
- We replaced our washer/dryer and oven. We found a scratch and dent place about 30-40 minutes from our house and will definitely go back for other items as needed. We saved quite a bit of money shopping there. After spending too much money every month at the laundromat for almost a year, it was time to finally buy a new machine. Our dryer has been kind of frumpy lately, too, so we decided to replace it and purchase a set instead of dealing with replacing it later. Then our stove decided to die on us, too. So back to the store we went.
- We went out to the tennis courts to hit a few balls around. I used to play tennis way back in the day and have been wanting to drag Jason out to the courts for awhile. It was a fun but tiring experience. We both could hit the ball but with very little aim. It was definitely a good workout!
- We had our custom ordered loveseat ordered and delivered from Biltrite. We love this place. You get to pick out the fabric/colors you want and whatever styles you like. Our items have a lifetime warranty on everything, and it’s heavy-duty Amish made.
- Installed curtains in all our rooms to hopefully save some energy this winter.
- My sister came to visit us around Labor Day and we had fun bowling, golfing, playing pool and shuffleboard, etc with her. This was my second time out at a golfing range and it was an interesting experience. We were all a bit rusty. haha Plus it didn’t help that it was insanely hot and humid outside.
- Jason bought me some beautiful sunflowers for my birthday. I absolutely love sunflowers and it was the perfect gift for me.
- We celebrated mine and Jason’s birthdays in September. We had a delicious dinner with hibachi for my birthday and Brazilian steakhouse for Jason’s birthday. I absolutely love hibachi foods and usually only get to enjoy this for my birthday. We tried out the steakhouse and it was delicious. We’ve never been to a Brazilian steakhouse before, but I think we’d go back again. I’m not a huge meat eater, but it was fun trying out the different meat selections.
- We had a big end of the year volleyball tournament the end of September. We didn’t play so great, but we all had fun. We were at the tournament for five hours and were very much exhausted when it was done.
- We attended a huge classic car show earlier in October. Over 555 cars! It was awesome. We made it just over halfway through and were too tired to continue on. After playing five hours of volleyball the day before, we were wiped out.
- We participated in the Light the Night Walk for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society to celebrate/support Jason as he is in remission from his CLL.
- We finished writing the last of all our thank you’s from our adoption event from July. (Yes we’re a bit late on doing this)
- We paid off 2 more of my school loans! That makes it 4 down and 3 to go! Our plan is to be as close to debt free (besides our mortgage) by the time we adopt our kiddos.
- And lastly and most importantly, we finished our first round of our adoption application and sent it out in the mail! You can read about this experience, here.
So what’s next for us? We’re coming up on our 11yr wedding anniversary this coming weekend, and then next week will be 15 yrs from when we met and started dating. We look forward to our annual tradition of doing our scenic fall drive throughout our state. It’s a great time for us to talk and catch up with each other and learn new things about each other. As for our adoption process, we get to wait and see how our first application goes and hopefully receive a letter that we have been approved for the next step.
Here are a few pictures from our experiences the past few months. Stay tuned!